In 2003, the epidemic of SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome), a strain of coronavirus, infected 8,098 people worldwide with approximately 800 deaths. This has taught everyone a painful lesson about the importance of observing a high level of personal hygiene.
Today, the world is once again shaken by a new strain of the Covid-19. Here at Kinderland, stringent precautionary measures have been put in place to ensure that the safety of our children and staff are not compromised.
Some of our stepped-up precautionary measures include:
- Daily monitoring of health and conducting temperature screening for all children, staff and visitors
- Early detection and isolation of children or staff who are ill, and advising them to seek medical treatment
- Children or staff who are unwell must stay at home to rest and can return to school only when they have fully recovered
- Parents or visitors, who have fever or display respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, runny nose) will not be allowed into the centre
- Observing a high level of personal hygiene of staff and children
- Ensuring good environmental hygiene of the centre
Nevertheless, the battle against this deadly virus is not just ours to fight. We need our team, children and families to stand firm and united to brave through this crisis together. For this to happen, let’s work hand in hand and make personal health and hygiene our priority!